Trusting Mentoring Relationships is a powerful developmental tool that encourages and supports girls emotionally, academically and socially in achieving goals and reaching their highest potential. Girls Inc. uses a group mentoring model that enhances girls’ ability to share experiences in safe spaces, to learn and grow with their peers, and to gain the confidence to pursue desired aspirations. We also utilize trained staff and volunteer mentors, a critical component for more satisfying and longer-lasting mentoring relationships and for more positive outcomes for mentees.
What do our girls say is the impact?
- 95% say there are adults at Girls Inc. that they can depend on.
- 86% say there are adults at Girls Inc. that help them think about their future.
- 94% say there is an adult who believes they will be a success.
What does the research say about the impact? (source: MENTOR www.mentoring.org)
- 130% more likely to become a leader
- 55% more likely to enroll in college
- 78% more likely to volunteer in their community
- 90% more likely to become a mentor
Why not make it your New Year’s resolution to increase the positive impact mentoring relationships can have on all girls!
The post January is National Mentoring Month. Join us in elevating the power of relationships! appeared first on Girls Inc.
Powered by WPeMatico